Cristiano Ronaldo confirms transfer interest from European clubs after leaving Manchester United

Ronaldo, 37, left United by mutual agreement in November following an explosive interview with Piers Morgan, in which the player said he did not respect Erik ten Hag and criticised the club&aposs owners, the Glazers, among other sensational claims.

A statement from United confirming his exit said: “The club thanks him for his immense contribution across two spells at Old Trafford, scoring 145 goals in 346 appearances, and wishes him and his family well for the future.”

Ronaldo represented Portugal at the World Cup in Qatar after his departure from Old Trafford and he vowed to address his future following the tournament, which eventually led him to join Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr on a free transfer last week.

The forward&aposs priority was to play in the Champions League after leaving United but he&aposll now compete in the Saudi Pro League.

Ronaldo, speaking at his Al-Nassr unveiling press conference on Tuesday, was asked about his decision to move to Riyadh and he claimed the switch was about a &aposgreat opportunity&apos, despite interest from clubs in Europe and beyond.

“For me, this is a great opportunity, not only in football but to change the mentality of the new generation, as nobody knows, but I can say now, I had many opportunities in Europe, many clubs, in Brazil, in Australia, US, even in Portugal,” Ronaldo said.

“There are many clubs who tried to sign me but I gave my word to this club for the opportunity. Not only to develop the football but other parts of the country. For me it&aposs a good challenge. I know what I want and I know what I don&apost want.

“For me, it&aposs a good chance to change, to help with my knowledge and experience to grow many important points. Also, women&aposs football as well and I want to give a different vision of the country, of the football, of the perspective of everybody.