Erik ten Hag sent Manchester United January transfer message as Premier League predictions made

United spent close to 200million during the summer window, bringing in a record seven players. Ten Hag&aposs side kept working until the final hours of the September 1 deadline, with three of those seven arriving.

Big money was spent on Mason Mount (55m), Andre Onana (47.2m) and Rasmus Hojlund (72m), while around 9m was sent to Fiorentina as a loan fee for Sofyan Amrabat. But while some fans are satisfied with the summer business, many want more.

Of the 4,795 United fans who responded to a Manchester Evening News poll, 42.1% (2,021) responded positively to this summer&aposs transfer business, with the remaining 57.9% (2,774) unhappy. Of those who responded negatively 1,097 said they were &aposfurious&apos.

But while the verdict was out on this summer, the vast majority of fans agreed that there was still major work to be done. Of those surveyed, a commanding 63.7% of supporters said two or three signings were still needed in the mid-season window.

A further 16.2% said they wanted four or more arrivals, while 14.8% wanted one January arrival and just 4.1% of those surveyed were happy with the squad as it is.

And the uncertainty among United supporters is reflected in their predictions for the season, with the majority of those surveyed split between backing their team to qualify for the Champions League or just missing out. 58.1% (2,784) backed a top-four finish for Ten Hag&aposs men, with 237 of those optimistic enough to predict a Premier League title.