However, this is said to rest on the outcome of allegations against him regarding yellow card frequency corresponding to suspicious betting patterns. The Brazilian, who denies the claims, has apparently been interviewed by the FA on the matter.
A report from UOL suggests if Paqueta is cleared of all charges, City will make a second move for him in the new year. City had already enquired about the playmaker in the summer but ultimately turned to Matheus Nunes amid Kevin De Bruynes long-term injury.
The article claims that Pep Guardiola sees the 26-year-old as a potential successor to De Bruyne, who is now 32. Paquetas winner for West Ham in Thursday&aposs Europa League win over Olympiakos was his fourth strike in 15 outings this season.
Meanwhile, Football Insider says Eberechi Eze has agreed a new deal in principle with Crystal Palace, which would end Citys supposed interest in the winger. A move for the 25-year-old in January would be unlikely given the form of Jeremy Doku and the wing options at Guardiolas disposal.
The report claims City expressed an interest in Eze over the summer ahead of Dokus arrival. And so, right now, he remains on the radar with his current contract expiring in 2025 as things stand. The report says negotiations over a renewal started due to City&aposs mooted interest.
The attacker has two caps for England but has missed out on this months squad having missed five weeks of action with a hamstring injury, only returning last Saturday.