Sancho, who arrived in 2021 from Borussia Dortmund for 73m, was back at Carrington on Monday following his public outburst. Ten Hag said in his post-Arsenal press conference that he had omitted the England international from the United matchday squad due to training levels, prompting Sancho to release his now-deleted social media riposte.
The Saudi window shut last Thursday but The Athletic claims there had been interest from the Pro League. All approaches were dismissed by the player and his agents with no talks being held over a permanent exit, it adds.
Ten Hags stance on Sancho being a part of his long-term plans remains unclear but the Manchester Evening News understands that the United manager stands by his press conference comments.
Elsewhere, Football Insider claims that Brentford would accept a fee of around 35m from United if they were to pursue an interest in Rico Henry. The left-back was linked with United as Ten Hag searched for a left-back in the final days of the window
He ultimately landed on Tottenham loanee Sergio Reguilon as talks with Marc Cucurella of Chelsea broke down. Both Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia remain sidelined with Brandon Williams and Alvaro Fernandez out on loan.
The report claims United made late enquiries for Bees defender Henry, who is thought to be on the radar of England boss Gareth Southgate. The 26-year-old is contracted at Brentford until 2026 and is said to be of interest to several Premier League rivals.