Supercomputer predicts Newcastle vs Manchester United Premier League outcome

Erik ten Hag will be looking to continue his good run of league form having won five of six in the top flight. However, their recent 3-3 Champions League draw against Galatasaray will have felt like a defeat after the way their lead was squandered.

United took the lead twice and had a two-goal cushion on their Turkish opponents. But Andre Onana had a difficult night in goal with a howler for Hakim Ziyechs second goal of the game and positional mistakes on the other two.

And the supercomputer, provided by BetVictor, has given Newcastle a 64.8 percent chance of getting three points in the Premier League clash this weekend. The computer has United down at 16.5 percent with a draw more likely at 18.7 percent.

The supercomputer has also predicted United to finish seventh come the end of the season with 63 points. Such a finish would secure European football for the club and is actually an improvement on predictions made by statistical computers just a couple of weeks ago.